The past few months for my husband and I have been filled with so many exciting happenings. We are so thankful and so blessed by opportunities that have come our way and feel so fortunate for all of our friends and family who have supported us along the way.
1. I will start with the lesser of the big news… A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a correspondent from The Today Show. She was curious if she could use my Valentine’s Day Gift Bag for them to post on their website last week. I said yes, of course! I checked every single day last week to see if it had gone up yet, and finally, it did! I was so surprised at how many people were interested in my DIY gift bag!
2. The next major event is that we are currently in the process of renovating a slightly larger home for us to move into come springtime. We are beyond excited!! I have had a fun time browsing Pinterest and coming up with my own decorating ideas.
3. Last, but certainly not least….. (and a main reason for #2)…..
My husband and I are – of course – ecstatic! I feel as though all of our prayers and conversations are centered around the little babe growing inside of my belly. 🙂
From the minute we found out, we went out and bought a little journal that I have been faithfully writing in to give my little babe one day. I have been keeping all of my thoughts, observations, prayers, summaries of my doctors appointments, and what their daddy and I have been up to. One of the main reasons I decided to start this journal is so that, as our child grows older, they will always have a physical reminder that their parents prayed for them before they even entered the world. I have found so much comfort in being able to write in this journal. I also love signing each love note to my soon to be son or daughter with “love, mommy.” It’s taken some getting used to!
If I was just a little bit better at keeping secrets, this is the way I was intending on surprising my husband with the big news…
However, we ended up finding out together, which was just as special for us. 🙂
I purchased the above spoon from For Such A Time Designs and couldn’t have been happier with how it came out. This is the second item I have purchased from this company and I am in love with them!
For those of you who are very observant, you may have noticed that my blogging has decreased significantly in the past 3-4 months. That’s because I was sparing you from the food I was actually eating during my first trimester and beginning of the second trimester! I don’t think you would have enjoyed a blog post on a plain rotisserie chicken with a slice of bread. My appetite is definitely back, and I am happy to start posting more often.
I am thinking that after the baby comes, there may be a new category added to my blog, perhaps titled, “homemade baby food,” or “baby food,” or “baby.” Who knows! Any ideas for me?!
Please comment and let me know if you have any words of wisdom for my husband and I. We’re praying for parental guidance and a very healthy baby. We just began reading a book called Grace-Based Parenting and we are loving it so far! Do you have any book recommendations?
Well, that is all I have for you now. Have a wonderful week! 🙂
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Nearly all of these essay writing services can be found the web and cater to all students and professionals no matter their geographical site. - September 18, 2017
- Finding Time For Coffee - May 19, 2017
- Picnic Lunch With My Girl - September 27, 2016