Let’s just say that I didn’t think a veggie grinder could be so filling!
This veggie grinder was such a different and tasty dinner. We try to do meatless nights every couple days and tonight was one of those nights, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.
This vegetable grinder had the feel of something you would order at a pizza joint, except you don’t have the grease factor. I do think that the banana peppers really add a great touch as well, for those of you who share my love for these tangy yellow pepper rings…
This is a meal that is so easy to make a good amount of. Just slice up some extra veggies and throw them on the grinder! We made three of them so that Forrest could have one for lunch tomorrow. What’s the point of dinner if there aren’t left overs? 🙂
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 cup chopped onion (white or red)
1 red pepper
handful fresh parsley
banana peppers (not pictured, sorry, I forgot!)
3 tbsp kerrygold butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Slice up the eggplant and place on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt, let sit for about 15 minutes.
3. While the eggplant is sitting, chop up and wash the onion, zucchini, and red pepper. Place all the veggies in a ziplock bag and sprinkle some olive oil, salt and pepper and coat everything. We actually used Jane’s Crazy Salt this time in place of traditional salt and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, make sure to stir them up halfway through. When the veggies come out, cover with fresh chopped parsley.
5. In a small bowl, combine the kerrygold butter and the chopped garlic and mix well.
6. Slice the rolls in half and lightly coat the sides of the roll with the garlic butter. Next, place the veggies on top. Then top with plenty of banana peppers.
7. Place two pieces of provolone cheese on top of your veggies.
8. Wrap the grinder rolls in tinfoil (loosely) and place on an oven pan and cook for about 12 minutes.