OH. MY. GOODNESS. This meal was out of this world.
I have to be honest and tell you that we did not even follow a recipe, we just totally went for it and we could not have been more pleased with our results for this amazing vegetable risotto.
We made butternut squash risotto before, and it was pretty darn good, but this was a whole other ball game.
The garden vegetable risotto that we made tonight was creamy, cheesy, mouth-watering, and definitely restaurant-quality!
1 zucchini, diced
1 squash, diced
1 tomato, diced
4 carrots, diced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups organic arborio rice
5 cups organic chicken broth
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 tbsp organic half and half
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place all of the chopped veggies, butter, and some salt and pepper into a Wok (or large sauce pan) and cook on low heat for about 5-8 minutes. Once veggies are tender, take them out of the Wok and set aside.
2. In the Wok, combine the arborio rice with 2 cups of chicken broth. Let this cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Then, add the remainder of the chicken broth and let cook on low until it has been completely absorbed by the rice. (Stir every few minutes).
3. Now, place the veggies back in the Wok along with the rice and chicken stock, and add the half-and-half and cheese very slowly while stirring it in.
4. It is now time to add in the garlic powder, onion powder and turmeric. And some salt and pepper if you’d like.
5. Stir everything and serve! Enjoy!