My husband and I have been on a burger kick lately…which can be quite unhealthy if done incorrectly.
But, we have been trying to spice it up with different variations of turkey burgers. (Well, we did hit up Ted’s the other week….but that’s another story).
These loaded Turkey Burger Sliders were devoured in minutes. From the avocado mayo, to the flavorful patties, and the hot pepper relish for a little heat. Mmmm!
Speaking of avocado mayo, you should do yourself a huge favor and buy yourself a jar. Here are some of the perks:
- made with avocado oil
- cage-free, organic eggs
- primal and paleo approved
- sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and canola oil free
- IT IS SO GOOD!!
Okay, okay, enough of this – I know you want the recipe!
7 trader joes slider sesame buns
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup minced onion
1 tbsp white pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp white corn meal
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
7 slices of organic cheddar cheese
1 avocado, mashed
handful of arugula
avocado mayo —> check this stuff out – amazing!
hot pepper relish
1. Fire up the grill!
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground turkey, minced onion, white pepper, garlic powder, egg, pinch of salt, olive oil, corn meal and worcestershire sauce.
3. Form 7 round, 2.5 inch patties using your hands. Place them on the grill, 6-7 minutes on each side. Place the cheddar cheese on at the last minute so it melts.
4. Assembly time! Spread the avocado mayo on the bottom bun, followed by the turkey burger, and some arugula. On the top bun, lather on the avocado and hot pepper relish. We kept ours together with our bamboo knot picks from World Market!
5. Time to chow!
Dinner is served! (see above picture!) There are only 4 on the plate because my husband ate these – I go bun-less 😉