As you may know by know, one of my favorite food blog’s to follow is What’s Gabby Cookin? She always has the most creative and beautifully decorated food recipes. A few weeks ago, I saw she posted about a Thai Chicken Pizza. This pizza screams my husband’s name. He is all about the peanut/soy sauce combo. We gave this recipe a try, and loved how it turned out!
We are big pizza fans, and this recipe was a fun spin on what we typically tend to make. I have never before made a pizza with carrots, cilantro, chives, and lime juice on top!
What a lovely treat it was. You get creamy sauce and cheese, with crunchy veggies on top. The diced chicken makes it nice and hearty. That means more leftovers!
Ingredients for the Peanut Sauce:
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp organic brown sugar
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
whole wheat pizza crust (we used store-bought dough)
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a strong blender, blend together all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce.
3. On your rolled out pizza dough, cover the pizza in the peanut sauce, followed by the chicken and mozzarella cheese.
4. Place the pizza in the oven for about 10-15 minutes (or until the cheese is golden brown and melted).
5. Spread the chives, shredded carrots, fresh cilantro, and squeeze on some fresh lime juice once the pizza is out of the oven, right before serving.