This recipe comes straight from my husband. He has a way of always being able to transform these delicious potatoes into something wonderful and full of flavor.
Tonight, he decided to add some apple with the sweet potato, which is something I have never heard of, but let me tell you, it was awesome!
This recipe would probably be best suited for a chilly fall night, but hey, why not year round, right?!
In our home, we (my husband) makes so many different recipes with sweet potatoes, but one thing we are still trying to perfect is baked sweet potato fries. Any suggestions?!
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 granny apple, peeled and diced
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp kerry gold unsalted butter
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Melt butter on medium high heat. Add sweet potatoes and stir often.
2. Cook potatoes on high heat for 6-8 minutes, until they start to sweat.
3. Add in the cinnamon and cayenne pepper and stir to evenly coat the potatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remember to stir every so often so that they do not burn.
4. Take out a potato and make sure it is semi-tender. If so, add in the apples, brown sugar, and turmeric. Stir together and cook until potatoes start to darken.
5. Do not eat them right away because they will be extremely hot! So, wait a few minutes, and then enjoy! 🙂