It wasn’t until I met my husband that the idea of eating food prepared inside of a truck had any appeal to me. Thankfully, the food truck lure has grown on me. Except now, we don’t live close enough to enjoy any. 🙁
Alas, we brought the food truck type food to our kitchen with this Steak and Cheese Loaded Crepe.
Ingredients for the Crepe:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
Directions for the Crepe:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Then slowly whisk in the water and milk until most of the lumps are out. (You can add 2 tbsp melted butter to the batter for richer flavor.)
2. On a greased skillet, pour 1/2 cup of batter to the skillet. If yours has handles, take it and lift it up and tilt around so it spreads out thin.
3. Let it cook on one side for about one minute, and then flip. Be careful flipping! We used the biggest spatula we have, (which actually is a massive snowflake. We got it for Christmas!)
Ingredients for the “Stuffing”:
8 oz strip steak
salt and pepper, to taste
1 red pepper
1 white onion
Directions for the “Stuffing”:
1. Season your steak with salt and pepper, then pan sear it.
2. Sauté the pepper and onion in olive oil.
3. Time to assemble! Lay out your crepe and lay two pieces of american cheese down, followed by your desired amount of steak, pepper and onion.
4. Wrap in tinfoil if you’d like, and enjoy!