We’ve made a stromboli, we’ve made a pizza, so naturally the next thing for us to make would be a calzone! Tonight we made a spinach ricotta calzone. It was very quick and easy to make and was such a treat! Both Forrest and I really enjoyed this dinner a lot!
8 oz bag of spinach, chopped
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
3. Cook the spinach in a pan. Once cooked, make sure you squeeze all the water out, and then add your spinach to ricotta mixture.
4. Roll out the dough into a thin circle. Place the ricotta/spinach mixture onto one half of the rolled out dough. Fold over the rest of the dough and pinch along the side. Make three slits on the top of the calzone (this helps prevent your calzone from turning into a hot, cheesy balloon!).
5. Cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.