I felt like I had searched in a thirty mile radius of our home for this most elusive ingredient…but three grocery stores later, I finally found a spaghetti squash! Apparently they’re really hard to get in the stores (or keep them there) because they’re so popular…which is surprising because they’re quite expensive. Definitely not on my grocery list every week!!
My husband and I love visiting our local farmers market, which is where we purchased all of the veggies for tonight’s very healthy (and tasty) spaghetti squash and veggie casserole.
This was a great summer recipe; very quick, easy, and delectable! I am really glad that spaghetti squash is growing on me, I think it pairs well with fresh veggies! 🙂
How do you like to cook your spaghetti squash?!
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup panko crumbs
white onion, chopped
3 organic carrots, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the spaghetti squash in the oven at 375 for an hour. You don’t need to wrap it or anything, just place it right in.
2. Take the spaghetti squash out (careful: hot!), cut in half, remove the seeds, and fork out the spaghetti from inside! Leave the oven on because once everything is good to go, it is going to go back in!
3. Meanwhile, wash all of your chopped veggies.
4. Grease a square pan, and begin the layering process: first the spaghetti squash, then a handful of veggies, followed by 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the panko crumbs and then some salt and pepper. Repeat this once more!
5. Cover with tinfoil, and place in the oven for 45 minutes.