Something Forrest and I have been trying to do more often is making the girls some homemade snacks at the beginning of the week. This has been helpful because it has been saying us money at our weekly grocery store runs, but more importantly, we know exactly what goes into our girls bodies.
Last week, we made a big batch of cereal bars that they absolutely loved! And this week, we made Kale Chips, Fruit Kabobs, and Jello Bites topped with homemade Whipped Cream.
Also, it is equally important to us as parents that what our girls put on their bodies. We love these adorable floral matching dresses from Art & Eden.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut the leafy greens off the stems and place on the parchment paper.
4. Drizzle on some olive oil, and sprinkle on some salt.
5. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
1. Cut the fruit into small bite sized pieces.
2. Place onto the mini skewers.
box of jello
pinch of sugar
1. Follow the instructions on the jello box. (We made ours in a mini muffin tin.)
2. While the jello is refrigerating, make the homemade whipped cream.
3. In a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, whisk together the heavy cream, a drop of vanilla extract, and a pinch of sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
4. Top the jello bites with little dollops of whipped cream.