I really wish that I had never made this because now I am doomed. A skillet chocolate chip cookie is the way to go. It is so simple, so easy, and so good. I am officially in love with this dessert.
As you may or may not know, chocolate chip cookies are my go-to dessert. They have and always will be my favorite dessert. And now it just got a whole lot easier.
Now, there is no wasting of parchment paper, no waiting around the oven to take cookies in and out. No more cooling rack.
I loved my skillet chocolate chip cookie!! It is perfect for having guests over – you just cut it up into slices, and there you have it. If you are feeling extra creative, and wanted to decorate it for a party, you could put some icing and sprinkles on it for a cookie cake!
I tried to make my recipe as healthy as I could while still being able to enjoy the richness of a regular chocolate chip cookie. I only used egg whites, and organic sugars. I also used Unsalted Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter . I am not sure if you’re aware of it, but I talk about it in my bulletproof coffee post. We love Kerrygold butter!
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup lightly packed organic light brown sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 tbsp Unsalted Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter , softened
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Misto-spray the skillet.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. In a KitchenAid mixer , mix together the egg whites, both sugars, vanilla extract and butter.
5. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, and mix.
6. Now, lightly mix in the chocolate chips.
7. Place the batter into the skillet and press down to fully cover the bottom.
8. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.