I had a hard time coming up with a title for these flipping awesome tacos because there were so many elements, that I don’t know which to focus on for the title…
How does this sound…
Pulled Grilled Chicken topped with Homemade Pico de Gallo, Roasted Corn, and an incredible Avocado/Sour Cream/Lime Sauce…
Maybe a bit too long for a title? I think so too…I guess I will just stick with Roasted Corn and Avocado Cream Tacos? Eh, I’m not sold on it, but it’ll do.
My hubby turned down the idea of “Tacos for Days” as a title. 🙁
Mmmm these were so good. I want more right about now.
corn tortillas, we grilled ours
2 large chicken breasts
3 tbsp taco seasoning (we love using Penzey’s Taco Seasoning, its worth the purchase!)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 corn on the cob
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1/4 cup tomato, mined
juice of 1 lime
handful of cilantro, minced
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Marinate the chicken breasts in the olive oil and taco seasoning for a few hours. Once it’s time to make dinner, throw those bad boys on the grill.
2. Husk the corn on the cob and place that right on the grill as well.
3. In a bowl, mix together the red onion, tomato, 1/2 of the lime juice, red wine vinegar and a handful of cilantro. (These ingredients should all be very minced as it will be your Pico De Gallo.)
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the avocado, sour cream, and the other half of the lime juice. We put ours into a squeeze bottle to make the lines on our taco, but you could also do dollops of it on the taco.
5. Time to assemble, if you have a taco holder – awesome, if not, no biggie! Shred your chicken and place it in the tortilla, followed by your homemade Pico, cut the corn off the cob and place that on the tortilla as well, and finish off by squirting on the avocado/sour cream sauce.