My relationship with the fall is very much a love / hate one. I love it because it means all things flannel, cozy, and pumpkin! I dislike the fall soley due to the fact that winter is what follows.
Foods with pumpkin are the best foods! And I just happened to have a can of my favorite canned organic pumpkin, which I knew had to be put to use. (And because my husband has been nagging me for it!)
These ooey-gooey, Pumpkin Brownies are very easy to make and (I hate to admit it) they use a boxed brownie mix, but that makes it very easy to quickly whip them up!
1 box brownie mix (and the ingredients the mix calls for)
7.5 oz organic canned pumpkin (pumpkin puree)
3 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp organic sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the brownie batter according to the directions and ingredients on the box.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin, cream cheese, egg, sugar, and spices.
4. In a small (9×6) greased baking dish*, pour in the majority of the brownie batter, followed by spoonfuls of the pumpkin mixture, then slowly pour the remained of the brownie batter on top. The trick is to layer gently so they stay separate. You can use a toothpick to stir it around to make swirls on the top if you’d like.
5. Place in the oven for 45-60 minutes. (We did ours on the shorter time because we like our brownies gooey!)
* You can use a bigger baking dish if you would like your brownies thinner, we used a small one (9 x 6) because we love our brownies thick!