Summer dinner menus are always the most fun to plan because the flavor combinations that you can get away with are the most fresh and flavorful! Especially because so many ingredients can come straight from a farmers market, or your very own garden! Who doesn’t love fresh food?!
Summer also means grilling! However, this pizza recipe isn’t on the grill, but, it absolutely could be! Do you have a pizza stone?! We’ve been dying to get one!
Yumm….take a look at all that goodness right there! The flavors in this Prosciutto and Peach Pizza will blow your mind! Who ever thought of adding sliced peaches to a pizza?!
While this Prosciutto and Peach Pizza is an absolute delight, it is most likely one that you would not be making every week due to the “fancier” ingredients that it uses. It is not your classic plain pizza that is very affordable to whip up, but it is definitely worth the extra spending every once and a while.
We don’t normally buy prosciutto, but we do however buy fresh mozzarella every now and then. The great news, is that the basil that we topped this pizza with came straight from our garden and tastes fabulous!
Who says pizza requires a red sauce?! Not this one! All the components come together to make its own tasty sauce. Are you ready to make this pizza yet?!
16 oz pizza dough, ours was store-bought but feel free to make your own
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup raw honey
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
a pinch of salt and pepper
2 oz prosciutto
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta, placed by the spoonful
1 fresh peach, sliced thinly
handful of fresh basil, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pour the balsamic vinegar and honey into a small sauce pan and cook on -low medium heat. Stir constantly for about 10 minutes.
3. Roll out your pizza dough into a large circle, (you may use either flour or cornmeal, whichever non-stick method you prefer).
4. Brush the olive oil on the pizza dough, and then evenly disperse the minced garlic. Top with some fresh salt and pepper.
5. Time for the fun part! Lay down the prosciutto, followed by the mozzarella cubes, dollops of ricotta, and of course, the peach slices.
6. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, take out and sprinkle with fresh basil and drizzle with your balsamic / honey sauce.
*I got the idea for this yummy pizza from here and slightly altered it to my liking.