Holy smokes! This breakfast was amazing! We went to the later service at church this morning so that we would have more time to cook and enjoy this delicious morning treat together, and that we did. We loved it! Our breakfasts don’t normally include potatoes, so we ventured out a little, and it paid off! Let us know how you liked it!
As a side note, adding bacon will add a good texture/crunch, we just didn’t have any! 🙂
3 red potatoes, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp butter
parsley, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in the frying pan.
3. Add the red potatoes to the pan, along with the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Cook until golden brown.
5. Put the potatoes into a greased baking pan and then add 2 eggs to each corner of your dish. (See picture below for clarification). We made little holes for the eggs to go in.
6. Stick in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, until the eggs are cooked, but the yolk is not broken.
7. Take the dish out, add some cheese to the top and put back in the oven for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
8. Take it out and enjoy!!