Recently, I have been trying to bake healthy desserts/treats…
Such as the chocolate peanut butter cookies, truvia sweetened chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, and almond ice cream. However, when I saw a picture of these bars, I knew that I had to put all health things aside and make these bad boys.
But, hey, we did add whole wheat flour so that makes them slightly better for me, right?
Inspired by Averie Cook’s blog, these are honestly one of the most amazing desserts I have ever made. Seriously incredible. Do yourself a favor and make them. I love anything with the peanut butter and chocolate combination – and these live up to the hype.
They are super easy to make, which is always a bonus! Everything goes in one bowl, one pan, and there you go. Ready for consumption!
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet mini morsel chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and Misto-spray a medium size baking pan, we used an 8×8. These blondie bars are already meant to be gooey, so if you use a smaller pan, they’ll be too high and “over-goo.”
2. Melt the butter and pour into a KitchenAid mixer or mixer of your choice. You can of course do this by hand or using a hand mixer too.
3. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and both kinds of sugar and mix for about a minute.
4. Next, add the peanut butter and mix again until blended.
5. Now mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Let that mix until well combined.
6. Time to add in the chocolate chips! Dump them in!
7. Pour you batter into the baking pan making sure it is evenly distributed.
8. Place in the oven for 18-20 minutes. They may look slightly gooey when you take them out, but that is okay – they will harden up. Let them cool for 3o minutes before you cut them, (if you can handle waiting that long!)