I was browsing Pinterest the other day (what’s new, right?!) and I stumbled upon a dessert recipe that I pinned right away and knew I wanted to make ASAP! I got the recipe from Spicy Southern Kitchen and only made a few alterations because I wanted to make it the way she did! Oh, and her pictures are way better than mine! Hard to compete 🙂
The great thing about this making peach cobbler on the fly is that the only thing I had to go out and buy for the recipe were the peaches! I love recipes that use normal every day ingredients!
This extremely delicious and very easy to make peach cobbler was the perfect summertime dessert.
…Holy cow it was perfect, especially paired with some vanilla ice cream, yes please!
Ingredients for the topping:
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup whole grain old-fashioned oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (makes 5 cups)
2 tbsp organic cane sugar
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a Kitchen Aid mixer, mix together both sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well blended and fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the Kitchen Aid mixer until well combined with the wet ingredients. Once mixed, cover the bowl in plastic wrap and stick in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
5. In a separate bowl you’re going to create the peach filling! Stir together the peaches, sugar, flour and lemon juice with a wooden spoon until the peaches are covered.
6. In a greased 9″ square pan, place the peach mixture onto the bottom of the pan, followed by the topping. *I scooped it out with an ice cream scooper, and then flattened those balls with my hands and placed them on top of the peaches until they are covered.
7. Stick in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
8. Enjoy with some vanilla ice cream! Serve it warm or room temp 🙂