I have been having so much fun enjoying this fun Christmas season with my girls, especially my oldest, because she is really into doing special activities and has been LOVING all things Christmas. I think we drive to the same couple of houses nearby to see their lights display every night!
Yesterday we started making ornaments, and today we finished them! So easy and such a nice craft to do together. I prefer crafts and activities like this where she isn’t expected to do it a certain way, or have a perfect finished product. These ornaments are cuter simply because she did her best!
What I like most about this is that I will write her name and this years Christmas date on the back and be able to keep some for our own ornament stash and also place them on gifts for friends and family.
All you need is:
4 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 cup salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk flour and salt, and then slowly add warm water with a wooden spoon. Then knead the mixture for a good 5 minutes until you have a good pizza-dough-like ball.
3. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and roll until about 1/8 inch thick, cut using your cookie cutters of choice.
4. Make a hole at the top for stringing later, place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for about 45 minutes.
5. Let them cook, cool, and then decorate!