With Labor Day just around the corner, you may be scrambling to come up with a dessert to serve your guests. And, aren’t all desserts even better when they don’t take too much preparation?!
We are having people over tonight, and wanted to make sure to serve a dessert that everyone would remember. Who doesn’t love Oreos?! Especially when combined with cool whip?!
My husband is a big sucker for no-bake desserts, which is how we thought up this fluffy, sweet, and very rich Oreo no bake dessert idea!
1 package of Oreos (not double stuff!), crushed fine (put them in a zip lock bag & crush)
1 stick of melted unsalted butter
8 oz light cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 8oz tubs of Cool Whip
1 large box instant chocolate pudding
3 cups 2% milk
1. Make the pudding according to the directions on the box. Set aside.
2. Place crushed Oreos in the bottom of a 9×13 pan and pour the melted butter over them. Mix around so that all Oreo gets coated.
3. With a fork, press down Oreo mixture to evenly cover the entire bottom of the pan.
4. In a Kitchen Aid mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed for a minute until it appears whipped. Now, slowly add powdered sugar on a lower speed until it is completely combined.
5. Then, with a spatula, gently mix in 1 tub of Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture. Evenly spread this on top of your Oreo crust.
6. Pour the chocolate pudding on top, spread evenly.
7. Now, spread the other layer of the Cool Whip on top of the chocolate pudding layer.
8. Lastly, sprinkle some Oreos on top!