When you would prefer your homemade pizza over take out, you know you have succeeded!
Tonight’s dinner was 100% homemade – and by that, I mean we even made our dough! Thanks to a friend who supplied me with the recipe.
This pizza was intended to be a Mexican styled/grilled chicken pizza – it didn’t exactly turn out that way, so I renamed it loaded veggie pizza. Regardless, it was seriously phenomenal!
Ingredients for the pizza dough:
1 cup warm water
1 package yeast
1 tbsp organic cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
Directions for the pizza dough:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and yeast, mix until the yeast has dissolved.
2. Once dissolved, add the sugar, salt, vegetable oil and 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour. Mix this well.
3. Now, mix in the remaining 2 cups of flour. Knead with your hands until elastic, this should take about 3-5 minutes.
4. In a greased bowl, let the dough rise for about an hour.
Ingredients for the pizza:
1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
1 italian hot pepper, chopped
1/4 cup banana peppers from a jar, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tomato, chopped fine
1/4 cup corn, (we saved some corn from a few nights ago to use for this meal!)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
a few squirts of sriracha sauce
1. Place your dough on a pizza dish that is oven safe.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. (Temp may change if not using homemade dough).
3. Spread on your pizza sauce, and then sprinkle on all of the other ingredients!! (peppers, onion, garlic, tomato, corn, cheese…) and whatever else you’d like! Top off with some sriracha sauce.
4. Stick in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Take out and enjoy!