I came home from work today with a serious sweet tooth! And, I knew that it wasn’t going to go away. I also really wanted to bake…
I did some research and decided on healthy coconut almond bars and this is what I came up with! Holy moly, they are SO good!
I recently bought some new healthy baking ingredients – such as evaporated cane organic sugar and raw organic cacao nibs, and I am so happy I finally got to use them! They are healthy substitutes for granulated white sugar and chocolate chips.
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup evaporated organic cane sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup raw organic cacao nibs
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, almond extract and cane sugar.
3. In another bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly combine and mix the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Then add the cocao nibs and mix again.
5. Grease/Misto spray a small baking dish.
6. Pour your batter into the dish, and sprinkle the unsweetened coconut on to to cover evenly. You can also sprinkle some more of the cacao nibs.
7. Stick in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Let cool and enjoy!