I love making healthy versions of classic dishes, for example, this Healthy Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Pasta!
3 large chicken breasts
2 cups panko crumbs
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 eggs, beaten
homemade pasta sauce (or a marinara sauce)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare two bowls, one with the eggs and the other one with the panko crumbs and seasonings.
3. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg, followed by the panko crumbs.
4. Place chicken breasts on a lined baking dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Take the chicken out, and cover with your desired amount of sauce and cheese and place back into the oven until the cheese has melted.
6. Meanwhile, using a Vegetable Spiralizer, you are going to spiralize your zucchinis. Once you have done all 4, you will cook them on the stove top in a sauce pan with olive oil, salt and pepper for just about 2-3 minutes on medium high heat. Make sure to toss them around a few times using a wooden spoon.
6. Serve your chicken over the zucchini pasta and, enjoy!