A friend of mine suggested that I try making lettuce wraps, so I decided tonight would be the night! I am so glad I finally decided to take on this endeavor. They were so good!!
These ground chicken lettuce wraps were easy to make, fun to eat, and a quick clean up! Also, if you have a bigger family then we do (just 2 of us!), it would be easy to double and have more servings. This meal also makes great leftovers, which is important to me. 🙂
The flavoring of this meal is so great because it doesn’t take much added seasoning to make these ingredients taste good together!
1 lb organic ground chicken
1/2 large white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup organic carrot, chopped
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
head of iceberg lettuce
1. Saute the garlic and onions in olive oil until they are tender.
2. Add the ground chicken to the garlic and onions, and cook until meat is no longer pink.
3. Add the red pepper, carrots, ginger, worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, and sriracha sauce, and mix. Let all ingredients simmer for 8-10 minutes.
4. Gently peel off lettuce leaves one at a time from the iceberg head to form a bowl shape. This is tricky, and it may take a few tries!
5. Scoop your mixture into the lettuce and top with fresh parsley. You could also add sesame seeds, or sesame sticks on top for an added crunch!