You probably know that we are big fans of making our own sauces, dressings (this one is a fav!), syrups, etc. We do it because we enjoy creating things, and find joy out of knowing exactly what goes into what we are dousing our salads with, or dipping our chicken into, or sweetening up our coffee with.
This is mostly always true for us, but I will be honest and tell you that sometimes it is way easier to just go ahead and buy your own dressing. Typically with our BLT pizzas, we would make an avocado / lime / sour cream sauce, but…it’s not always ideal because our avocados aren’t always ripe, and sour cream probably isn’t what we should be covering our pizzas with.
We discovered the Bolthouse Farms Organic Dressing line and I’m pretty sure there is no going back (I thought they only made smoothies)! We drizzled their Organic Avocado Ranch Yogurt Dressing on top of our Grilled BLT Pizza and it was exactly what tied this pizza together.
4 tbsp avocado oil
2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp italian seasoning mix
4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
handful of red baby tomatoes, sliced in half
fresh mozzarella cheese
2 cups of organic spring mix
Bolthouse Farm Organic Avocado Ranch Yogurt Dressing
1. Heat up the grill to it’s hottest level. Balance out any “hot spots” if you know your grill well enough.
2. Roll out your dough thin, as big as you can for your grate size.
3. Wipe or spray your grill grates with vegetable oil or nonstick spray (be careful!) and place the pizza dough on the grill. Close the lid.
4. Prep all toppings, things move quickly now…
5. After 3-4 minutes, pop any crust bubbles and carefully flip the crust over on the grill.
6. Mix the avocado oil, onion powder, and italian seasonings and spread it evenly on your crust. Top with baby tomatoes, bacon, and mozzarella cheese and close grill again.
7. Keep an eye on it so you don’t char the crust too much. Normally, things only take a couple minutes.
8. As soon as the pizza is removed, topped with chopped greens and fresh black pepper. Then, drizzle on Avocado Ranch Yogurt Dressing.
9. Slice and Enjoy!
I want to add that it is not just Bolthouse Farm’s dressings that we’re obsessing over, they have the most refreshing fruit drinks, and plant protein milks, and veggie beverages. You know it’s a good product when our toddler keeps asking for more and more juice and we’re very okay with giving it to her!