Thanks to Gorton’s Seafood for sponsoring this post!

Have you ever met a person who doesn’t love brunch? I sure haven’t…

Brunch is a magical time of the day when the lines between breakfast and lunch begin to blur in the most delicious way. I consider it about 70% breakfast, with the remaining 30% of the meal coming from lunch items sneaking their way into my food.

One of our family’s fondest brunch memories came from a tiny little breakfast spot near Cape Cod. An unassuming little cottage – it wasn’t really anything that you’d ever notice on your own. But whatever it lacked in curb appeal it made up for in it’s brunch menu, specifically one item…their Fisherman’s Eggs Benedict.

And just like that, I’m salivating.

It was a heaping pile of fried fish, more of a fishcake really – adorned with yolky fried eggs and drenched with hollandaise. It was the perfect brunch. A mix of a breakfast staple with a more protein-dense, afternoon-isa twist. And it was really, really good.

A few years ago, our hole-in-the-wall breakfast spot had a fire in the middle of the night and the entire restaurant was lost. Thankfully no one was hurt. But it seemed like our favorite meal would be gone forever – never to be tasted again…

Gorton's Battered Fish Fillet Eggs Benedict

It wasn’t until yesterday morning, when the cravings really we’re hitting us hard, that we decided to do something about it. We’d make our own! Gorton’s provided delicious, crispy battered fish fillets that had that same exact golden crunch exterior that is perfect for a Fisherman’s Eggs Benedict. Beyond the fish, it was really as simple as frying up some perfectly yolky eggs, whipping up some buttery hollandaise, and topping with fresh chives. We also made a big change from our past menu favorite and decided to add a generous layer of fresh avocado, which really brightens up the entire dish.

Gorton's Battered Fish Fillet Eggs Benedict

Ingredients:
(serves 2 people)
Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish Fillets
1 packet of Hollandaise sauce (and 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup whole milk)
1 avocado
4 fried (or poached) eggs
a handful of chives, finely chopped
salt and pepper, if desired

Directions:
1.  Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and cook the Crispy Battered Fish Fillets according to the Gorton’s bag directions.
2. Whisk and heat the hollandaise packet with the butter and milk and set aside.
3. Slice the avocado and set aside.
4. Heat up a skillet with some extra virgin olive oil or butter, crack the eggs in, cover with a lid. A few seconds later, open the lid up and drop a tbsp of water inside and cover again. Give the eggs a few minutes and then remove with a spatula.
5. Time to assemble the Fisherman’s Egg Benedict! Start by placing two crispy battered fish fillets side by side. Top with a few several slices of fresh avocado, followed by the fried (and hopefully yokey) egg. Now give a nice pour of some hollandaise sauce, and then garnish with a few chives. You can also salt and pepper to your liking.
6. Enjoy!

Gorton's Battered Fish Fillet Eggs Benedict

Next time you’re having guests for a brunch spread, or you are simply looking to treat yourself, make this meal! It’s easy to share and duplicate into more servings, and you’ll feel ready to get through your day with a nice, fully belly!

Gorton's Battered Fish Fillet Eggs Benedict

Gorton's Battered Fish Fillet Eggs Benedict

Gorton's Battered Fish Fillet Eggs Benedict