HUSBAND GUEST POST!!
(Mostly because Courtney could never eat this giant Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich!)
Most of us have been faced with the problem of way too many Thanksgiving leftovers…not really a “problem” if you ask me.
Making a sandwich has always been my go-to solution the day after, but this year I wanted to go BIG. That means involving every side dish, every ingredient, and going as high as I could possibly stack.
While you will obviously not have the exact same leftovers as we did, we expect some of the Thanksgiving staples. Here are some helpful tips and tricks for you to use as you build your own colossal leftovers sandwich:
- Use a thick-sliced bread for stability. If the bread is too soft, you won’t be able to keep the ingredients together.
- Don’t be afraid to throw a slice ofbread in the middle too, it helps hold everything together and is an extra spot for mayo, mustard, or other spread.
- Use mashed potatoes and stuffing as your “glue.” They work great to hold the meat to the bread, or as a filler to flatten out each layer of food.
- Gravy gravy gravy! It belongs on the sandwich, don’t miss out.
- Don’t be afraid to wrap your creation in foil and put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes. That’s what I did and it was definitely worth the wait.
- It’s a sandwich, but you’ll need a fork and knife. Unless your jaw has been restructured to open a good 12 inches, you won’t be eating this conventionally.
The best of luck with your creations! We want to see your Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich pictures! Please post pictures of them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #myleftoverssandwich