This fresh veggie couscous side is the perfect warm weather treat. We had ours with chicken but it would work well with any protein and can even be a light dinner or lunch all on it’s own!
6 oz whole wheat couscous
handful of asparagus sears, chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, minced
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the whole wheat couscous according to the directions on the box. Once cooked, place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Chop up the asparagus, red onion, and grape tomatoes.
3. In a pot, add the chopped asparagus to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Then drain and rinse with cold water.
4. In the medium mixing bowl, combine the fresh veggies to the couscous. Add the lemon juice, fresh parsley, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. You can stick in the fridge to cool and eat cold or eat right away. (We ate ours with chicken).