Want to have an (almost) guilt free pancake breakfast that will give you enough energy to go through your entire day? Look no further…these protein pancakes are amazing! One of the best parts, there is zero flour or milk added!
We had just gotten home from a great work out at the gym and decided we wanted to make some delicious tasting protein pancakes. I highly recommend these for any meal of the day! The nice thing about these pancakes is that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating them because its mostly just oatmeal, egg whites and protein powder.
1 cup oats
2 whole eggs
5 egg whites
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp peanut butter (any kind works)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup slivered almonds
Dollop of Nutella
1. Cook the oats according to directions on box.
2. Add the eggs and egg whites and beat in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the cooked oatmeal to the egg mixture.
3. Stir in protein powder, peanut butter, cinnamon and slivered almonds.
4. Place the griddle on medium-high heat and add the coconut oil to grease your griddle.
5. Use 1/4 a cup to scoop batter and pour onto griddle to make 5-inch wide pancakes.
6. Flip when pancakes get little bubbles on top.
7. Add a dollop of Nutella and slivered almonds to garnish. (We also added apples because it was the only fruit we had, we would have preferred berries, or even banana!) No syrup necessary 🙂
Makes: 14 regular sized pancakes.