Everyone loves a good burrito bowl. There is nothing quite like diving in fork first into a big bowl full of your favorite ingredients. Honestly, it’s also a lot easier than making a burrito in its original form. No wrapping, no broken wraps, no portion control…
We decided that our protein of choice for tonights burrito bowl would be none other than Gorton’s Premium Cod Fish Sticks. They are coated in crunchy panko breadcrumbs and made with only the finest wild-caught Cod fillets. If you are coming in with any preconceived notions about what you think fish sticks are like, throw them away. These are legit, super fresh, flaky cod fish sticks that melt in your mouth.
Gorton’s Premium Cod Stick
large burrito tortillas
fire roasted corn kernels
fresh cilantro, chopped
red cabbage, shredded
guacamole, (homemade if you’re feeling fancy!)
fresh lime juice
1. Cook the Premium Cod Fish Sticks according to the directions on the package. I believe it’s 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
2. Put a pot of water on to boil to make the rice, which will be the base of the burrito bowl.
3. Line a large bowl with a tortilla, and start the assembly process, which will consist of corn on the bottom, corn, guacamole, tomato black beans, and red cabbage. Now, place the fish sticks on the top, and dollop on the sour cream and garnish with fresh cilantro and squeeze on some fresh lime juice.
4. Dig in! It is time to enjoy this easy, time saving, yet deliciously flavorful Fish Stick Burrito Bowl.
5. If you would like, you can toss the entire (oven-safe) bowl into the oven to give it all some over all heat.