Easy, creamy, deliciously tasty loaded easy baked potato soup!
This soup was inspired from the blog Damn Delicious, and I am so glad that I found her recipe, because it was so fabulous! We altered it slightly by adding less butter and more milk!
I hope that you enjoy this soup just as much as we did!! It will definitely fill you up!
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
5 cups whole milk
4 organic russet potatoes, skinned and diced
5 slices of maple smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, melt the butter on low heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour until lightly browned (about 1 minute.)
2. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking until just slightly thickened, this could take up to 3 minutes.
3. Now, pour in the diced potatoes and chives. Bring this to a boil and then let simmer for 15 minutes, (or until the potatoes are soft).
4. Using a hand held potato masher, mash the potatoes inside the pot until you have your desired consistency. You can now add in the shredded cheese, bacon, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir this with a wooden spoon and let it heat up for about 2 minutes.
5. Serve, and enjoy, (and feel free to garnish with some bacon, cheese, chives, and sour cream!)