My mom and I love crafting together.
She is the naturally crafty one, I just try to keep up with her! For example, check out all of the things that she helped me with for my DIY wedding! I don’t know what I would have ever done without during the wedding planning!
A few days ago, we decided to get our craft on and make some DIY burlap covered mason jars and fill them with fake fall-inspired flowers.
This of course called for a trip to one of our favorite stores – Michaels.
We decided to buy a bunch of different bundles of fake flowers. This was because I didn’t want a jar full of one single kind of flower. So, I cut the different sections off of each bundle so that each mason jar could have a variety of color, height, and beauty! (Yes, fake flowers can be beautiful).
They last longer, right?! 🙂 AKA money saver!
All you need:
some mason jars
burlap —> you can buy it here
burlap ribbon —> you can buy it here
red and green yarn (ribbon would work too) – yellow or orange would be great as well
hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
Here’s what you do:
1. Hot glue the burlap around the jar. ***Be careful, this stuff is hot!
2. Hot glue the burlap ribbon in the middle of your first burlap strip.
3. Tie the yarn around the jar and then tie a pretty bow.
4. Stick the flowers inside! No water needed of course!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Nearly all of these essay writing services can be found the web and cater to all students and professionals no matter their geographical site. - September 18, 2017
- Finding Time For Coffee - May 19, 2017
- Picnic Lunch With My Girl - September 27, 2016