If you like pulled pork and are a big fan of the crock pot, then this recipe will be right up your alley.
If I’m being honest, I am not a huge pork fan, but my husband is, which means that I will eventually end up trying it some time or another. So, tonight’s crock pot pulled pork sandwich was the night that I gave it a try!
I was very impressed with tonight’s crock pot pulled pork sandwich. The way the crock pot cooks the pork is just remarkable.
Back in the day, my husband worked at a BBQ in the Outerbanks of North Carolina. This is where he got his keen taste of BBQ flavorings and his talent of making pulled pork. Yes, he would probably rather use a smoker, but this recipe will have to do for a pulled pork snob. 😉
2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup barbecue sauce (We love Bone Suckin’ Sauce)
1. Get out your crock pot!
2. Coat the bottom of the crock pot with the garlic and onion powder.
3. Place the pork in the crock pot.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot except for the barbecue sauce. Slow cook on low for 8-10 hours.
5. Take the pork out and shred it with a fork on a cutting board.
6. Place the pork back into the crock pot and add the barbecue sauce. Let it sit for a few minutes.
7. Serve over a bun. (Forrest added coleslaw to his, as pictured below)