Man, oh man, it has been such a long time since I have posted a recipe. The last recipe I had posted was my easy baked potato soup – that seems like forever ago!
And, frankly, it was forever ago. I realized that I was ready for a bit of a blogging break. You can call it my “Blogging Christmas Vacation”, (which actually lasted way longer than my actual Christmas vacation!) I needed a bit of a rest from the scene. But, I am more than happy to be back.
One of my many New Years Resolutions is to blog 2 new recipes a week. Prior to this new resolution, I was tiring myself out with trying to blog one new recipe every single weekday, and that was becoming too much for me. It is more important to bring you amazing, quality recipes a couple times a week than to try to whip up something new and not as tested every single day.
With that being said, I am more than excited to be back cooking, inventing new recipes, perfecting old recipes, and having lots of fun with cooking (and eating, of course!!)
I often spend my down time browsing other food blogs and admiring what other bloggers do and create. I found this recipe from this lovely blog and knew that I had to give this creamy veggie tortellini a try!
Tonight’s dinner was a creamy veggie tortellini. Yum! I can imagine making this recipe again in the summer time when I can buy all my fresh veggies from the local farmer’s market…and use real corn from the cob! But for the dead of winter, this will work just fine! 🙂
20 oz cheese tortellini
1 cup organic carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup orange bell pepper, diced
1 cup organic corn kernels
1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
2 tbsp cream cheese
3/4 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
dried basil, to garnish
1. Cook the tortellini according to the directions on the package.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté the carrots, peppers, and corn with olive oil for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
3. In a NutriBullet, or any blender, blend together the vegetable broth, whole wheat flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cream cheese.
4. In a small sauce pan, warm the milk slowly, and then slowly add the liquid that is in the blender. Then whisk in the mozzarella cheese. Continue to whisk this for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Drain your tortellinis and combine the veggies from the sauce pan into the pot with the tortellinis. Now, pour your sauce in and stir everything together! You may add some dried basil on your bowl/plate when you’re ready to serve.