These are our favorite cookies! We always trick ourselves into thinking that they’re healthy because they have coconut oil, shredded coconut, and, of course, whole wheat flour, which makes it easy to scarf down 4, 5 or maybe even 6 of them.
I guess they could be worse for you, right?!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and Misto a baking sheet (greased baking sheet).
2. In a KitchenAid, beat together the coconut oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Once mixed, add to wet ingredients little by little.
4. Once they are all combined, add the shredded coconut and the chocolate chips and mix again.
5. Scoop onto baking sheets and cook for 7-9 minutes. I tend to take them out just a tad early and let them use their heat to cook because I like them gooey!
6. Enjoy the best cookies ever!