These chicken tortilla bowls are a dinner – appetizer hybrid. It is a very quick and easy recipe that is beautiful to look at and even more delicious to eat! It is the perfect appetizer to bring to a party and wow guests with. Or, you can just make a fun recipe for your family to enjoy for dinner on a busy night.
After taking tonight’s photos, and looking through them I realized how closely these chicken tortilla bowls resemble tortilla scoop chips, and I think that’s because you can’t quite tell how big they are from the photos! Two or three of these is plenty for your average appetite.
Weekdays get busy this time of year, so why not have an arsenal of easy recipes like this to be ready with? Here’s what you’ll need:
pack of small tortilla wraps
2 chicken breasts
4 oz light cream cheese
12 oz bottle of salsa verde (we used Drew’s organic)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
light sour cream
fresh avocado, diced
1. Cook the chicken, salsa verde, cumin, and garlic powder in the crock pot for 6 hours on low.
2. Add in the cream cheese about 15 minutes before you are going to serve it.
3. Use a wooden spoon to soften the cream cheese and coarsely shred the chicken inside of the crockpot.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Misto-spray/grease a large muffin tin and press the small tortillas into the muffin tin. Stick this in the oven for about 10 minutes on 350, or until they get slightly brown.
6. Now, spoon in the crock pot mixture into each bowl, then top with fresh cilantro, avocado and sour cream.