This chicken pie meal was terrific!
I would highly recommend you give this recipe a try! We added jalapeños for some kick, so if you like it spicy, jalapeños are the way to go!
You could really add anything you wanted to this. Salsa, tomatoes, spinach, more spices or seasonings, etc.
We stuck to the basics since it was our first time making this meal, and it was anything but boring.
We love using rotisserie chickens, because of the convenience of them, and of course because we use the bones to make the most delicious homemade chicken broth afterwards.
1 pie crust
3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 small jalapeños, minced
1 cup cheddar cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place piecrust into a regular sized pie pan.
3. In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, jalapeño, half the cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the pie pan.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, and baking powder. Pour this mixture on top of the chicken in the pie, making sure everything is coated evenly. Top with the rest of the cheese.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Let sit for a bit then cut into wedges.
*You may enjoy with sour cream on top!