These chicken croquettes were amazing!
When we were planning our weekly meal schedule, we were trying to think of unique ways to use a rotisserie chicken. Forrest mentioned something that I had never heard of before…chicken croquettes!
We searched around and checked out a few recipes and decided on our own that made the most sense with the ingredients that we had.
Needless to say, I was thrilled with the turn out. These were awesome! I highly recommend you give them a try!
Ingredients for Croquettes:
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup onion, minced
1/3 cup carrot, minced
1/4 cup scallion, minced
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (we used a rotisserie chicken)
1/3 cup organic lite mayonnaise
1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
Ingredients for Creole Sauce:
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup organic light mayonnaise
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 tbsp dijion mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
pinch cayenne pepper
3 tsp salt
pinch black pepper
pinch chili pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
Directions for Croquettes:
1. In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add the onion, scallion, and carrots. Cook until they are tender, then set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the chicken, panko crumbs, and the now tender onion/carrot mixture. Put aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Add to the chicken mixture, tossing until well combined.
4. With that mixture, form into 3/4 inch thick patties.
5. In the skillet, melt the rest of the butter (1 tbsp) over medium heat, and cook the chicken croquettes until lightly brown. It should be about 2-4 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with the creole sauce.