Learning to be a mommy has been so fun. I always knew it would take away from my in-between moments that I used to take for granted, but what I never thought about was the fact that even though you become a busy mom – it doesn’t get you off the hook for parties and events!
So, I still need to bring a snack or entree to parties with friends or family, but I simply do not have as much time as I used to. That’s why recipes like this make all the difference.
These were delicious, fun to make, and didn’t take nearly as much time as you’d think. They are perfect for a mom on the go.
1 lb ground chicken
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
12 grape tomatoes
12 fresh mozzarella pearls
12 fresh basil leaves
12 bamboo knot picks
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease a baking sheet. (We love our Misto Sprayer!)
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with the egg, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, Worcestershire sauce, panko bread crumbs, and olive oil.
4. Rolling the mixture into ball shape, place a single mozzarella pearl in the middle and fold the meatball mix over to create a nice round meatball with the pearl inside. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat this with the rest of your mixture. (This will make 12 good sized meatballs).
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Time to assemble! Get out your bamboo knot pics (I got mine at World Market) or tooth picks. Start with the meatball as your base, followed by the fresh basil and grape tomato.
7. That’s it! It’s that simple – place them on a platter and you’re good to go.
*One more thing, feel free to put out a small bowl of balsamic vinaigrette for dipping!