Yet again, I switched up our dinner meal tonight. We were supposed to have a veggie orzo soup, however, I didn’t do a great job of making sure we had enough veggies for tonight! We had made chicken broth from our meal last night, so we were trying to think of what to make with orzo, chicken broth, and some cheese. Cheesy orzo it was! It was super easy, and extremely tasty! Not the healthiest, but a perfect friday night meal.
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups orzo pasta
1/2 cup cheese (we used fancy shredded parmesan)
28 oz chicken broth
salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, to taste
1. In a pot, add oil, garlic, and onion on medium heat. Saute for two minutes.
2. Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add the orzo to the broth.
4. Cover the pot, and simmer until all the broth is absorbed into the orzo. This should take around 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the cheese, and add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to your liking!