I like my brownies extra chocolatey and still a little bit gooey inside. Anyone else feel that way?! It is just a better brownie experience when you have to lick your fingers afterwards.
I never would have thought to crush up sour dough pretzels, through them on top of brownies, and drizzle on some caramel. What a perfect treat! It adds a great crunch as well as another smooth layer of sweetness.
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks ) softened butter
1 1/4 cup sifted cocoa
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour dough pretzels, crushed
1/4 cup Smuckers Caramel Flavor Topping
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a kitchen stand mixer, whisk together the eggs until fluffy. Add in both the sugars and continue mixing. Now, add the butter and vanilla extract and combine mixing.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, and salt. Once this is well whisked, you can add it to the kitchen stand mixer and blend it all together.
4. Pour this batter into a greased 8 inch square pan and place in the oven for 45 minutes. Make sure you check it with a tooth pick or knife for readiness.
5. About 15 minutes into baking, take the dish out, and evenly distribute the crushed sour dough pretzels over top the brownies.
6. Continue baking for the full 45 minutes. Once the brownies come out and cool, drizzle caramel on top of the pretzels.
7. Cut into even squares, and enjoy!
**By the way, you can go ahead and use a boxed brownie mix if you are short on time. No judgement here.
***These brownies are the perfect mix to add to a smorgasbord full of desserts. Example below.
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Nearly all of these essay writing services can be found the web and cater to all students and professionals no matter their geographical site. - September 18, 2017
- Finding Time For Coffee - May 19, 2017
- Picnic Lunch With My Girl - September 27, 2016