This Butternut Squash Soup will change your entire fall season! Last fall, my husband and I made a few different variations of butternut squash, but this one squashes them all! 😉
This butternut squash soup is so phenomenal, I wish I could have it every single night for dinner! It is wonderful when served with some fresh french bread as well. My husband and I are shameless dippers when it comes to soup and bread.
The soup is so warm, creamy and full of flavor, with a little heat kick from the cayenne pepper.
2 lb butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, and diced
8 oz cream cheese
3 cups chicken broth
1 white onion, chopped
1 bouillon cube
3 tbsp unsalted kerrygold butter
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried marjoram leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the onions and butter into a pot and let them cook until tender.
2. Then add all of the remaining ingredients except the cream cheese.
3. Bring to a boil for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Once the butternut squash is tender, use an Immersion Hand Blender (or a hand mixer) to blend all ingredients. Don’t leave any chunks behind!
5. Now, add the cream cheese on low heat until it melts. Then blend again, and serve.