We tried to think of a way to combine the two to make for a tasty, quick and easy breakfast. These breakfast tortilla bowls were just that!
Like many of our favorite breakfast dishes, this would be a great “breakfast for dinner” (which is actually how we enjoyed it tonight!) It didn’t take a lot of prep time, put together time, or devour time 😉
You could always add bacon, chopped ham, any of your favorite meals to make it more of a meal! The best part about meals like breakfast tortilla bowls is the versatility! Picky eaters can’t say this one isn’t for them because you can always just switch it up a little!
small tortilla wraps
1/2 cup whole milk
handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 white onion, diced
2 plum tomatoes, deseeded, and diced
guacamole/avocado (we used Wholly Guacamole)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place your small tortillas into a greased muffin tin and place in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the tops begin to brown.
3. Take them out, and set aside.
4. In a small sauce pan, saute the onion and tomatoes for a few minutes in some oil.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk and some salt and pepper. In a separate pan, lightly scramble your eggs on low heat.
6. Now, evenly distribute the cheese into each tortilla bowl. Followed by the eggs and then the peppers and onion mixture. Place the muffin tin back into the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Take the muffin tin out, and now you can top your breakfast tortilla bowl’s with guacamole, avocado, and some cilantro.
8. Take out of the muffin tin, and enjoy! Feel free to add some hot sauce!