Here I am, writing another blueberry post! If you have been following my blueberry shenanigans, you would have seen my healthy blueberry jam, blueberry layer squares, and thats not to mention having fresh blueberries in my yogurt, in my smoothies…etc.
Here is another blueberry recipe and man oh man, are these blueberry oatmeal cookies delicious! I love the fact that we used fresh blueberries as opposed to frozen or dried. Fresh blueberries make them taste WAY better!
My husband says these cookies are a “pre-fall treat!” That’s probably because you get some of those nice cinnamon and nutmeg spices with each bite – and paired with fresh fruit – you have to have at least 3, 4, 5…
I sure have been noticing some fall air these past few days…EEK! That means it is almost time to go back to work!!
1/3 cup unsalted organic butter, softened
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a KitchenAid mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix until well combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the fresh blueberries with 2 tbsp whole wheat flour until they’re well coated.
6. Now, using a wooden spoon, softly stir in the blueberries.
7. Now, drop spoonfuls of batter on your onto a greased baking sheet, or parchment paper. It’s okay if they look really gooey and wet!
8. Place in the oven for 11-12 minutes.
9. Take out, let cool, and enjoy!