Pancakes are one of those breakfast comfort foods that just warms you up and makes you feel good!
In case you haven’t heard me mention our obsession with fresh blueberries before, it’s a real “problem” we face every summer. We will put fresh blueberries in or on just about anything we can – breakfast is a great opportunity for this.
Perhaps the best thing about the Blueberry Almond Pancakes that I’m sharing is the way the warm berries seem to pop in your mouth when you take a bite. There is nothing better than the natural sweetness you get out of plump blueberries.
A big thanks to Sweet Peas and Saffron for this recipe inspiration – I am so glad I found it!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground almonds
2 tbsp organic cane sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
3/4 cup plain organic greek yogurt
7 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground almonds, sugar, and lemon zest.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, egg, milk and almond extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until fully combined. Now, slowly stir in the slivered almonds and blueberries.
4. Pour your desired amount of batter onto a greased skillet and cook for about 2 minutes (or until brown) on each side on medium heat.
5. Top with slivered almonds and fresh berries, and of course, maple syrup! Enjoy!