Initially we were intimidated by the thought of making our own crepes. BUT, to our dismay, it was was very easy. Moral of the story: do not fear, you can do it!
My husband and I truly love making breakfast for dinner. Some of our favorites would be our french toast, potato egg bake, and turkey bacon wrapped eggs. By the way, we have many breakfast recipes on the blog, check them out here.
Anyways, back to the crepes, holy moly – berry stuffed crepes may be my new go-to when having friends over for brunch (or a breakfast for dinner night). They were very easy to make, filled full of fresh raspberries and strawberries, some Nutella, and incredible homemade whipped cream. Oh, and feel free to throw on some syrup and/or confectionary sugar. Anything and everything goes!
I really hope you try this – especially if you were afraid of taking on the task like I was. You will be so glad you did!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup skim milk
2 tbsp melted kerrygold butter
1/4 tsp salt
organic maple syrup
For Homemade Whipped Cream:
1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp vanilla extact
1 tbsp organic cane sugar
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the flour and the eggs.
2. Slowly add in the water and then the milk. Try to get out as many lumps as you can!
3. Now, mix in the salt and butter.
4. Grease a griddle and pour 1/2 cup of batter into the middle of the griddle. If your griddle has handles, lift it up and tilt it around so that the crepe spreads out. Hopefully yours makes a circle.
5. Let it cook on one side for about one minute, and then flip. Be careful flipping! We used the biggest spatula we have, (which actually is a massive snowflake. We got it for Christmas!)
6. In a KitchenAid mixer, whisk together the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and organic sugar until it forms whipped cream! 🙂 We have done this by hand, but you’ll need strong forearms and 5 free minutes to whisk as fast as you can…
6. Time for the fun part- load the crepe up! You can really put anything you want inside your crepe, but we went with: our homemade whipped cream, Nutella, strawberries, raspberries, and a bit of maple syrup. Using some Nutella on top works as a glue for when you…
7. …Roll up the crepe on both sides and enjoy!