I was inspired to make these healthy gingerbread muffins when I read a recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Pinch of Yum.
However, if you know me, I love to put my own spin on things. Which is why I decided to make these delectable Banana Gingerbread Muffins.
These muffins could be a nice breakfast with a cup of coffee. Another option is to put some icing on the muffins, and enjoy them as dessert.
Tis the season for all things gingerbread! 🙂
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
organic sugar, to garnish the muffins
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt the coconut oil, and then whisk it together with the molasses in a medium mixing bowl. Then mash the two bananas into that same bowl.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, vegetable oil, and milk. Add this mixture into the coconut oil/molasses/banana mixture.
4. Now, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
5. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon.
6. Scoop the batter into a well-greased muffin tin using a ice cream scooper. Top each muffin with a pinch of organic sugar.
7. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.