Think about this…asparagus, bread, cream cheese, and bacon. AMAZING!
I got this recipe from Forrest’s grandmother. We went over to her house a little bit before everyone showed up for Easter lunch so that we could help out. When she told us we would be making the asparagus roll ups, I was intrigued. Holy smokes – these are delicious! They are honestly so good and such a great appetizer. You need these in your life!
Let this be your warning – these go fast! 🙂
16 slices of bread
1/2 pack of bacon, (cut in half)
16 stalks asparagus, (top halves)
8 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp butter
1. Put the oven on broil.
2. Cook the bacon on the stove. Get rid of the grease and place bacon on a paper towel to cool. Set aside.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus for 3-4 minutes. Drain and spray with cold water. Set aside.
4. Cut off all of the crust on the bread. Set aside.
5. Now for the fun part! Spread a light layer of cream cheese on the bread. Make sure you get one of the edges well so it sticks when you roll it up.
6. Place a piece of bacon and asparagus inside and roll it up. Pinch the edges together well.
7. Melt 2 tbsps of butter and using a pastry brush, brush each roll up with a little bit of butter.
8. Place the pan in the oven on broil until the tops get crispy/brown looking.
9. Take out, and enjoy!