Husband Guest Post!
Hello everyone, it’s time for another post by the hubby. If you haven’t caught on yet, recipes coming from me basically consist of three things:
This post does not stray from that golden equation…
I went for something a little different here because I wanted to spice up the chicken we’d be having. We love grilled chicken breast, but you can get bored fast if you don’t try something new every once in a while.
As some who loves sauces and condiments, I found myself yet again beginning an idea with what would go on top of the main dish. I love cole slaw, and it was about time I had some more.
Here’s what you’ll need to whip up some bangin’ Asian Chicken Sliders:
Ingredients for Slaw Dressing:
2 tbsp brown sugar
light soy sauce
2 tbsp freshly minced ginger
clove garlic, minced
1/4 white wine
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Get your chicken breasts marinating in your teriyaki sauce and cover, in the fridge, while you finish the next few steps.
2. Peel and mince your ginger and garlic.
3. In a small sauce pan, pour in 2 tbsp of olive oil and saute the ginger and garlic for a minute or two until they turn light brown. Add in soy sauce, brown sugar, and white wine. Let this all simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Take off heat, and let cool. Once cool, add in the remaining olive oil, white wine vinegar, and mix into your slaw for a nice, even coat.
5. Set slaw aside in the fridge and grill your chicken to perfection. Remember, one flip.
6. As the chicken finishes, slice your ciabatta rolls in half and let them toast on your grill for a minute.
7. Compile each sandwich with a little Siracha on each side of the roll, place the chicken down first and then cover generously in your slaw. Crush some unsalted peanuts to place on top. It adds a crunchy texture and fits in with the rest of the flavors.