I was having a serious craving for a dessert but we didn’t have anything dessert-y. I knew we had bananas, so I went with that. I also didn’t want to add butter because I know there are alternatives with butter when baking. Forrest and I made homemade applesauce a few months ago and froze a bunch of it. So, I substituted applesauce for butter. Super delish!
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup applesauce
handful of chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and put liners in a muffin tray (or grease it).
2. Whisk together the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, spoon together the eggs, banana, and applesauce.
4. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Feel free to throw in some chocolate chips.
5. Spoon into the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.