Panini sandwiches always make for the best lunches! Especially when they’re packed full of fresh, delicious flavors like this Apple Chicken Panini.
This panini is packed full of rotisserie chicken, apple slices, cheddar cheese, spinach, and of course, honey dijon mustard, and it was was pressed using the unbeatable Cuisinart Griddler Deluxe.
This powerful griddler has a really neat feature that allows you to sear with both the upper and lower griddle plates. It’s how we got those perfect grill lines on our Apple Chicken Panini! I was worried that I wasn’t going to be able to fit this gigantic panini in my mouth, but the griddler deluxe melts it down in size, and allows for all the flavors to combine together.
Now, the moment you have all been waiting for: the recipe for this melt in your mouth panini!
( makes two large paninis )
4 slices of any Italian bread, sliced to your desired panini size
4 tbsp Honey Dijon Mustard
1 Small Rotisserie Chicken, sliced into thick pieces
1 Granny Smith Apple, sliced
4 Cheddar Cheese slices
1 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
2 tsp Olive Oil
1. Turn on your Griddler so it can heat up. Grease both griddle plates with a non-stick spray (we use olive oil).
2. Assemble your panini, beginning with honey mustard dijon, followed by the cheddar cheese, apple slices, rotisserie chicken, and spinach.
3. Place your sandwich on the griddler and brush the top of it with just a bit of olive oil.
4. Close the griddler, and let cook for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is very melty.
5. We finished off our panini by using the sear function on this particular griddler.
6. Take off, cut in half, and enjoy!